C# Language Specification
4th edition (June 2006)
This International Standard specifies the form and establishes the interpretation of programs written in the C# programming language.
- The representation of C# programs;
- The syntax and constraints of the C# language;
- The semantic rules for interpreting C# programs;
- The restrictions and limits imposed by a conforming implementation of C#.
This International Standard does not specify:
- The mechanism by which C# programs are transformed for use by a data-processing system;
- The mechanism by which C# applications are invoked for use by a data-processing system;
- The mechanism by which input data are transformed for use by a C# application;
- The mechanism by which output data are transformed after being produced by a C# application;
- The size or complexity of a program and its data that will exceed the capacity of any specific data-processing system or the capacity of a particular processor;
- All minimal requirements of a data-processing system that is capable of supporting a conforming implementation.
The following files can be freely downloaded:
||5 870 328
||Acrobat (r) PDF file
This Ecma publication is also approved as ISO/IEC 23270:2006,
freely available here .
|Microsoft Visual C# Version
||Corresponding Ecma Standard
||Corresponding ISO/IEC Standard
The previous replaced "historical" editions of this Ecma Standard are available here.